OFSTED AND RESULTS
We are extremely proud of the progress we have made at the Academy from the last Section 5 inspection in 2017. Since then we have academised to become Wath Academy, joined Maltby Learning Trust and worked through a global pandemic, to receive such an excellent report is testimony to the hard work of both staff and students.
The breakdown of the gradings is as follows:
• The Quality of Education - Good
• Behaviour and Attitudes - Outstanding
• Personal Development - Outstanding
• Leadership and Management - Outstanding
• Sixth-form Provision – Outstanding
The Academy have been given an Overall Effectiveness grade of Good.
Our historical results are available at the Department for Education School Performance Tables website, the link is below. Our August 2019 GCSE results are as follows. We are currently compiling destinations data and some KS5 results.
Privacy notice for pupils, students, learners, and trainees
The information you supply is used by the Learning Records Service (LRS). The LRS issues Unique Learner Numbers (ULN) and creates Personal Learning Records across England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, and is operated by the Department for Education (DfE) in England.
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal information. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal information processed.
Key Stage 4 (GCSE) 2022
- Attainment 8: 54.5 (compared to 44.7 in 2019, 45.8 in 2018 and 47.3 in 2017)
- Progress 8: +0.47 (compared to -0.14 in 2019, -0.06 in 2018 and +0.09 in 2017)
- Overall Progress 8 (0.47) was significantly above national and in the highest 20% in 2022
- The EBacc entry rate in this school in 2022 was 11% with an average attainment of 15.4 across the slots (Nation average 14.2, Local Authority Average 13.2)
- 57.66% of students achieved a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths
- In Maths, average attainment was 10.7 (National Average 9.4, Local Authority Average 8.9). The subject progress was +0.51
- In English, average attainment was 10.6 (National Average 10.4, Local Authority Average 9.8). The subject progress for English best was +0.27
- 9% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) Grade 4 or higher
- 7% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) Grade 5 or higher
Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form) 2022
2022 data not yet available.
Key Stage 5(Sixth Form) 2019 below:
- A* - A: 22%
- A* - B: 54%
- A* - E: 100%
Attainment: Applied General (Applied General qualifications include BTECs and Diplomas)
- Distinction* - Distinction: 79%
- Distinction* - Merit: 99%
- Distinction* - Pass: 100%
Retention (A measure of how many students successfully finish their course) A-Level retention: 99% Applied General retention: 98%
The number of pupils staying in education or employment for at least 2 terms after key stage 4 was 94% (National Average 94%, Local Authority Average 92%).
Information is available on the Department for Education website, please be aware that destinations data can take some time to gather.
School performance tables and Ofsted reports can be accessed from the links below.