Uniform & Equipment
The School's Uniform Policy
Wath Academy students must be in perfect uniform at all times, from leaving their home in the morning, until they return home. Whenever students are wearing the academy uniform, they are representing the academy. If shoes or an item of uniform is damaged and there is a slight delay in replacing it, then the academy will provide a temporary replacement. If a student refuses to wear this item they will be sent home to rectify the issue or placed in a consequence room. If there is a genuine reason why a student cannot comply with the uniform rules, parents/carers should provide a letter for their child to bring to school.
The Headteacher will make the final decision of whether items of uniform are acceptable. If you are unsure whether or not certain items of uniform meet our uniform requirements, please check with the academy before you purchase them.
Uniform checks are carried out at the beginning of lessons as part of the daily routine and any breach of the rules will be passed onto our Pastoral Year Leader team to be followed up. The contents of this page is for guidance, our full Uniform Policy can be downloaded from the link below.
New PE Kit Guidance
Boys' PE Kit
- Wath Academy T-shirt **
- Wath Academy rugby shirt **
- Black football socks
- Black shorts or black tracksuit bottoms – these must be plain black, with no stripes or writing down the side. A small logo for the brand is allowed.
- Appropriate sports footwear with a non-marking sole. Boys would benefit from football boots for outdoor lessons.
Girls' PE Kit
- Wath Academy T-shirt or Wath Academy fitted polo shirt **
- Wath Academy Hooded top **
- Plain black socks
- Plain black shorts, plain black tracksuit bottoms or plain black leggings – these must be plain black, with no stripes or writing down the side. A small logo for the brand is allowed.
- Appropriate sports footwear with a non-marking sole.
Items marked '**' must be purchased from Pinders Schoolwear, our uniform provider. Pinders Schoolwear items can be purchased from our school shop or directly from Pinders Schoolwear. The Pinders Schoolwear website includes their store locations and customer telephone number. Other items may be purchased elsewhere but they must meet the Wath Academy Uniform Policy.
The PE kit for the current Y8-11 students remains unchanged. However students wishing to purchase new / replacement items of kit must do so from our new selection.
Stationery is available to purchase from our school shop. Pupils are expected to bring the following basic equipment to school without which they will struggle to fully participate in lessons:
- Black or Blue Pen
- Purple Pen (which are used for feedback)
- Scientific Calculator
- Compass (drawing tool)
- Any subject books / learning materials you may need for the day
- Student Planner (you will receive this at the start of the school year)
- PE kit (when required)
The following items are not essential, but having them in your pencil case is useful:
- Glue stick
Always ensure you turn up to exams with the required equipment as there are no guarantees that spare pens, calculators, rulers etc. will be available.